Low Carb Cinnamon Roll Pancake Recipe
If you’re anything like us, you can’t leave the mall without digging into a gooey, delicious Cinnabon. Enter an epic sugar crash. They are loaded with refined sugar, processed carbs and unnecessary calories (a single Cinnabon can have upwards of 900 calories).
Luckily, we recently discovered a delicious and fun alternative to satisfy our cinnamon roll cravings in a fun way: Cinnamon Roll Pancakes!
This healthy recipe is made with our favorite new pancake mix from Phoros Nutrition. It has one third the carbs and three times the protein of a traditional pancake mix, and best of all it’s absolutely delicious. Their newest flavor Cinnamon Roll even has real melt in your mouth cinnamon chips that make it feel like a total treat.
This recipe is fun to make and is guaranteed to “trick” the whole family into eating healthy!
1 cup & 2 tbsp of Phoros Nutrition Cinnamon Roll Protein Pancake Mix
1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
2 tbsp Greek Yogurt (Vanilla or Plain)
1 dash stevia or sweetener of choice
- In a first bowl, combine 1 cup of pancake mix and with 3/4th cup water and mix with a whisk or fork until smooth. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine 2 tbsp of pancake mix with 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon and 2 tbsp water, then mix with a fork until smooth. This mix should have a dark cinnamon brown color, this will be used for the 'cinnamon swirl'.
- Take batter from second bowl, and using a spoon or spatula, pour into a zip lock bag and cut a small hole in the corner with a pair of scissors. Cut hole smaller/larger for thinner/thicker swirl.
- Preheat griddle or pan to medium-low heat
- Using pancake batter from the first bowl, pour batter onto heated surface into 3 to 4 inch circles
- Immediately take ziplock bag with cinnamon swirl batter, and squeeze directly onto of pancake batter in a circular motion to create swirls. Cook for 60-90 seconds total then flip and cook for an additional 45-60 seconds and plate.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 until all pancakes are cooked
- In a third small cup or bowl, add two tbsp of Greek yogurt and a dash of your sweetener of choice and mix with a fork or spoon. For slightly lighter ‘icing’ add a teaspoon or two of water.
- On plate with finished pancakes, drizzle icing on top of pancakes in a zig zag motion. Enjoy with icing alone, or top with maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon for flavor!
Disclaimer: We do not